Thursday, February 5, 2015

Throwback to June 2014.
This is one of those ridiculous decisions you only make when you're in your twenties and seeing as I would absolutely despise to forget about it I thought I might as well write it down.
Basically, my friends and I thought it'd be a good idea to camp for the Summertime Ball festival at Wembley. If I'm honest with you, the only reason I ever decided to go to that festival even though the music that was going to be played was not my thing at all was because 1) I thought it'd be a lot of fun to go with Georgina, Aimée and Georgia and 2) one of my favourite bands, 5SOS was playing -- click here to check out their cover of What I Like About You by The Romantics yo!!
Long story short, we are very irresponsible teenagers/young adults and bought a shitload of alcohol just to make the night pass by smoothly. Needless to say that plan didn't work out. We made friends with some people in the queue, honestly they were really nice, but I'm 98% sure they didn't like us by the end of the night, and I don't blame them. I ended up getting wasted on piña colada and Georgina puking in a portaloo. We also somehow managed to get to the hotel where bands like The Vamps were staying and had one of them record us as we yelled out the lyrics to some of 5SOS's songs, whom by the way, to top it all off, had been parked about 50 meters away from us all night long without us realising.

Here are some messy pictures from the night:



During that space of time I also managed to lose my phone, cry about it for about half an hour and then find it again. I also cuddled Georgina to sleep when she started crying for no reason.

You'd think the next day we would have been feeling like absolute trash but, if I'm being honest, I was past that point. I drank my Starbucks and felt as fresh as ever.
We were first row for the whole thing, including Enrique Iglesias's set which being real was my favourite thing I have ever seen, until Ed Sheeran came on and tiredness started to kick in. Georgina and I moved to the back to see Miley Cyrus and Pharrell between others. It was so much more fun being able to dance and move around.




So, moral of the story is, I had so much fun even though I hardly knew any of the musicians playing, I really can't wait to attend more festivals this year, hopefully with  my friends again.



Much love,
Vanessa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment