Friday, February 13, 2015

Last night I was home alone and felt like having something sweet to eat, and because I'm too lazy for pancakes and too broke to go get crap food, I decided to try out the mug cupcakes Georgia keeps talking about. The one I made turned out pretty well and tasted hella good, so I can't wait to try different recipes, but for now here's the one I used!


 All you're going to need to make the loveliest chocolate cupcake is:
  • 4 tbsp of self raising flour
  • 4 tbsp of caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp milk
  • 3 tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil (I ran out of it and used olive oil, and it probably did make a difference but I honestly could not tell)
  • A few drops vanilla-- any other essence will work just as well
  • 2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, etc. (These are optional)



There are very few, easy steps to make it and even if you are as useless as I am in the kitchen it will work out, just make sure you use a big mug so it doesn't overflow!
  1. Mix the flour, sugar and cocoa powder in the same mug you're going to use
  2. Add the egg to the powdery mixture, and mix it in as much as you can but don't worry if there's still dry powder left
  3. Add the milk and oil and mix it well
  4. If you are adding chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, or any other, this is the time to mix it in
  5. Finally, place it in the middle of your microwave, cook on high temperature for 4-5 minutes and it's done!

 The whole process is super simple and makes for a great snack! Let me know if you try it out or have any other good and easy recipes, I'd love to try them out and know how they worked out for you!





Much love,
Vanessa xx

2 comments: