Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hiya! I'm back with one more "Underrated artist of the week", which is easily becoming my favourite subject to blog about.
 ALSO!! Check out the bottom of this post for updates on The Maine's album situation and their new single!
This week I would like to introduce you to Echosmith, to me one of those little bands you keep a warm, speacial place in your heart even if you don't talk about them 24/7.


Echosmith formed in Los Angeles back in 2009, when the four Sierota siblings decided to start playing music together, having Sydney as their female lead singer. As far as I know, they started off posting covers of bands such as Coldplay and Mumford and Sons, but reached their peak when their single Cool Kids was released. Cool Kids has been welcomed to the world by tons of different people with different music tastes due to it being this really nice pop/indie/rock mix anyone would enjoy, having The Smiths as one of their biggest influences-- the same happens with their album Talking Dreams, which you can listen to on Spotify.

They have been touring since 2013 and here come the good news !!!! they're coming over to the UK and Europe in April, when they finish their current US tour. If you get the chance, please grab a ticket and check them out, I sure will try my best to see them when they're in London.



My favourite song of theirs is Tell Her You Love Her (you can listen to it clicking here), and you can check out their latest single Bright above.
If you do check them out please let me know what you think, I would love to hear opinions!

ABOUT THE MAINE:
Literally the day after I posted about The Maine's American Candy they released a new single, English Girls, and announced an album release date, the 31st of March, which is a lot sooner than expected. I'll leave the English Girls lyric video right here and hope to hear what everyone thinks of it-- in my opinion Garrett is me everyday of my life and Kennedy has the best dad moves.



Much love,
Vanessa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment