Thursday, January 22, 2015

Holy fuck it's been a while and damn have things changed. First of, some of the people I used to write about on here are no longer my friends. Second of, all my plans have taken a dramatic turn to the point where my hopes and dreams are no longer the same at all. London has become my home; my friends are here, my job is here, and basically my whole life except for my family is here. I am hoping to move out and live in the city with one of my new (but not any less important) friends Ana by the end of the year, but for now I am still au-pairing. I have decided 2015 is going to be one of the best years of my life, and I'm not going to stop myself if I ever spontaneously decide to go on a trip to Amsterdam, France, or China. I want to live life to the fullest. No plans for the future, no worries, no nothing. I want to live the present and do what I want to do. I want to experience everything.

Right at this moment I am in Spain. I finished my last au-pairing job in December and decided to have a long holiday at home. My flight back to London is on the 10th of March, and I am counting down the days. Hopefully my next host-family is going to be as lovely as my last one with which I spent over a year of my life.
One of my long-term plans is to start psychology in September, but you never know, it may not happen, and being honest with you, even though I should, I don't really care that much. Another one of my long-term plans is to learn to tattoo and do it for a living, but it's not so easy so we'll see.

I have met so many great friends since I moved to the city, it's honestly unreal, and I am eternally grateful.

Either way, I am really hoping this post is the start of a new era for this old ass blog. I remember really enjoying typing down my feelings and hopefully it will still feel the same in the future.

Much love,
Vanessa xx

2 comments:

  1. Hola, bueno como veo que eres española prefiero escribirte en castellano!
    Solo quería preguntarte como es esto de au pair, te pagan mucho? Cuales son tus labores en la casa exactamente? Tienes tiempo libre durante los días o fines de semana? Lo digo porque veo que has ido a muchos conciertos y tienes vida social por Londres, y me gustaría saber como lo compaginas... he estado pensando en irme de au pair también y no sé, tengo miedo de que me utilicen más como una esclava que otra cosa y apenas tenga tiempo para mí.
    Otra cosa que me da mucho miedo es el idioma, porque sí, sé inglés, pero tampoco hasta el punto de poder mantener una conversación por horas y sobre todos los temas...
    Como encontraste a tu familia? Todas las personas que conozco que están de au pair en UK se han ido más bien a pueblos, eres la primera que 'conozco' que está en Londres y es a donde me gustaría ir a mí también!
    No sé si leerás esto o contestarás pero bueno, quería sacarme estas dudillas!
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola!!! Por supuesto que lo voy a leer hahaha. La verdad es que yo llevo haciendo de aupair dos años y he tenido varias experiencias diferentes, si quieres déjame un email en la casilla que hay en la columna de la derecha o mándame un tweet a @vanessal0vesyou y yo te cuento todo ☺️ (un mail me vendría bastante mejor por el tema de los 140 caracteres además de que soy un desastre con Twitter, pero como prefieras!)
      Y muchas gracias por leer el blog! xx

      Delete