Friday, October 23, 2015

This morning I woke up and decided to erase all trace of twelve year old me off the internet when I stumbled upon this blog and remembered 1) how much I loved writing it and 2) that one New Year resolution I made approximately 11 months ago, promising myself I would keep documenting my life on an at least weekly basis. Needless to say, that never happened, but because I enjoyed it so much, I thought, hey, why not give it another go?
Because I feel like I am a whole new person since I last wrote an entry, I shall pretend this is my very first post and go ahead and introduce myself:
Hello, my name is Vanessa, and I am one of the thousands of Spaniards living in London. I work looking after children and I love music, films and fashion very much. In my opinion autumn is the best season of the year and dogs my favourite thing in the world. This is pretty much all you need to know.
I am pretty sure the reason I ever stopped updating this is because heartbreak was making me sappy so most of my posts started to become drafts. Good news is I realised what I thought was heartbreak wasn't even that deep and got over it real quick, I just never thought of going back to Blogger, so I AM SORRY.

Truth is I'm not entirely sure what this entry was meant to be about when I started it but I do remember I used to have a music tag and I happen to be listening to a brand new album, so I'm guessing it's review time?



5 Seconds of Summer released their second LP today and because I live in their asses first thing I did in the morning was listening to it. I have to admit I checked out the leaked tracks the other day and, in all honesty, most of them disappointed me a little. After the first 4 songs were released I expected it to be a lot more guitar driven so when I first heard the few songs that were left I genuinely thought I'd clicked the wrong link and was listening to a One Direction album. REGARDLESS, after listening to it a couple more times I'm enjoying it greatly. I think I've just come to accept they make pop music and I shouldn't expect anything other than that from them.
The album itself has a great variety of ballads like Invisible and other not-so-serious tracks such as Hey Everybody! (check out the music video below), but my favourite is Outer Space / Carry On.
Every lyric in every song is equally as heartfelt as it is catchy which makes a great mix.


I may be a little biased because I've loved this band for such a long time, but I really think these four boys have endless talent and this album is worth a listen or two, maybe it will grow on you as it did on me. You can stream Sounds Good, Feels Good on Apple Music or Spotify and even purchase it on iTunes if you like it enough.

Much love,
Vanessa x

No comments:

Post a Comment